One Week Post Op.

No, this isn’t an advertisement for Ocean Pacific, or anything like that, but last week ended up being rougher than I expected. The hardest part was the emotional feelings from my family as we had to put down our dog of fifteen years. That and I ended up in the emergency room later that night, so I guess that I should wrap up the way the week went to explain.

As everyone may already know, I had my Gastric Sleeve surgery on Monday, and it wasn’t a fun day, while everyone says that the surgery’s worth it, no one ever tells you how bad the first week is. I had gas pressure all week and sharp pains in various parts of my body. I did what I could to relieve myself of the pain, but I wasn’t completely sure what pain was what. The gas in my chest made moving difficult for sure.

Surprisingly enough, the incisions weren’t painful, and I’m was surprised that they were so small. I had five holes cut into me, one in the sternum, three on the belly and sides, and my belly button was the place they took out the stomach. They seemed to heal up nicely. I did what I could to make sure that I was careful because I don’t want to go back in for more surgery.

Thursday night was perhaps the roughest part of the week as I started to have a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen. I was hoping it was gas(as it seems to have gone away mostly), but as it kept up throughout Friday, I decided to go in closer to Midnight. I got in to be seen fairly quickly, and I was in the emergency room until almost eight in the morning. They were checking to see if I had an appendicitis. Then they put me in a room for the day to keep an eye on me. I was able to go home because I did start feeling better(took a couple of good farts to get there). I was just glad that it wasn’t anything more serious.

Sunday, came around and I discovered that my left leg seems to get fatigued and starts to burn after a while of walking around. I’m not sure if  I should be concerned or not, but my check up is set and I’ll ask then. I wondered if it might have done anything with the blood thinner that I had been on for a five day period, just to prevent blood clots.

I’ve lost a noticeable amount of weight, and I’m feeling better, but I think it’s still too soon to say if I regret doing this or not. It hasn’t been easy, that’s for sure, and I was eating last night, and all of a sudden I felt depressed, which was kind of a weird experience, but I’m better than I thought I would be. I’ll be updating this weight loss journey, but I’m not going to keep updating this part everyday, because I have other things to talk about, and quite frankly, I think talking about the same regiment everyday gets tedious. So, I’ll update as I go, and I have my appointment the day after Christmas. My wife isn’t thrilled about it, but I’d rather then, instead of a week later.

This is the director and that’s a wrap.

Categories: Weight Loss JourneyTags: , , , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: